Friday, January 26, 2007

New Visitors, New Tricks


Cousin Lizzybug came to visit last weekend! We love Cousin Lizzybug. Ben learned that if you press his nose, it says "Beep". He was very interested in Cousin Lizzybug and all of the nose beeping.

We have also learned that our kid has a VERY ticklish spot on his ribs, under his left arm. If you just act like you are going to tickle him there, he cracks up and squeals in delight.

Ben has learned to shove (with not much grace, but with improved accuracy) Cheerios and "Puffs" into his mouth. He is very proud of this new skill. And, we are pleased that this can keep Ben occupied for minutes at a time, giving us a chance to prepare a meal or bottle for him.

This morning Nick went in to get Ben and a few minutes later I joined them. Ben was very delighted to see me and we had some cuddle time. Then I left to go take a shower and all of a sudden I heard this voice call out "Mom".

Nick confirmed, that yes indeed, Ben had called out "Mom" as he was reaching for the door to his room, as if searching for me. Yikes. That was freaky. It was just so clear. Much like those "oh he's not smiling, it's just gas" facial expressions in the begining --> the rational side of me is pretty sure it was just luck on Ben's part. The totally sappy side of me is jumping for joy "He said Mom! He called me Mom!"

Stay Warm.

No comments: